With its gently sloping terrain, views of the San Gabriel mountains and large mature oak trees, San Gabriel Country Club is one of most respected golf clubs in Southern California.
San Gabriel Country Club was founded in 1904 on fertile land which was part of the historic San Gabriel Mission. The 1904 golf course was 9 holes with oiled sand greens. The course was enlarged to 18 holes in 1912 by golfer-architect Norman Macbeth. Grass greens were added in 1920, as part of changes by architect William "Willie" Watson. Further improvements to the course design were achieved by renowned golf architects William Park "Billy" Bell in 1930, Robert Trent Jones, Sr. in 1967, and Robert Trent Jones, Jr. in 1997.
San Gabriel Country Club is the oldest golf club in Los Angeles and Orange counties still operating in its original location, with its clubhouse at the same site as its initial 1904 clubhouse. The Club has the oldest 18-hole golf course in Southern California, dating from 1912, located on its original site. A caddie corps adds to the Club’s attractions.